I finally got the CNC mill running well enough to actually run a couple of parts. My friend had trashed the skid plates that we made for his mountain bike, and he need a couple of new ones. My machine has been out of commission for a while, since I took it apart last year to do some upgrades and improvements. It’s still in a lot of pieces, but it’s working well enough to run some parts.
Since I didn’t get any video of the process last time, I thought it would be good to shoot a bit of footage showing the process, as well as showing the machine running with the new electronics. A couple of nice new things are working here, including the spindle being under CNC control. I used the old G-Code we generated back in the summer of 2011, but I had to add in a bit of code to have it start and stop the spindle.