I received a big assortment of 18-8 stainless steel hardware from eBay, with a lot of useful sizes/threads. It was a decent deal, given how expensive good quality hardware tends to be. I’m sure I’ve got way too much of several things, and still lack things I need. If you happen to see something on here you need, let me know, chances are I’ll sell you a bunch for a good price, or will trade for more variety.
Of course, I had to organize them in something, so I picked up a cheap plastic 39-drawer bin from HD for $20 and went to town with some custom-made labels. I did the labels in OpenOffice Draw, with pictures from McMaster-Carr. Printed them out on various colored paper, cut them out, and sprayed them with 3M Super 77 spray adhesive. The colors indicate size, and the text and images give the details. Should be a fairly nice way to find stuff, providing I am motivated enough to keep the drawers current as I add more hardware over time.
Ebay Hardware Haul:
- 4-40 X 5/8″ pan/phil (& Slot mixed) 245pc.
- 4-40 X 5/8″, 3/4″, 1″, 1 7/16″ pan/phil (Mixed) 525pc.
- 6-32 X 1/4″ pan/phil 400pc.
- 6-32 X 3/4″ pan/phil 200pc.
- 6-32 X 1″ pan/phil 284pc.
- 8-32 X 3/8″ Socket Cap 165pc.
- 8-32 X 5/8″ pan/phil 325pc.
- 8-32 X 1″ pan/phil 100pc.
- 10-32 X 1/2″ pan/phil 230pc.
- 10-32 X 1/2″ Button Cap 97pc.
- 10-32 X 3/4″ pan/phil 349pc.
- 1/4-20 X 1/2″ Button Cap 75pc.
- 10-32 Hex Nut 285pc.
- #8 Flat Washer 1000pc